Notice: Deadline for early-bird registration is 11th October, 2018
The world is at a major turning point. Recent changes in global economics and industrial priorities, environmental and energy policies, food production and population movements have produced formidable challenges that must be addressed for sustaining life on earth.
The Irago Conference series was launched in 2011 with the objective of providing an ‘interdisciplinary-platform’ to enhance mutual understanding between scientists and engineers from academia and industry, policy makers, and experts from a wide spectrum of pure and applied sciences to resolve the daunting global issues facing mankind.
The organizers would like to encourage graduate school students to participate and talk directly with internationally renowned academics, industrialists, and opinion leaders for a firsthand view of the major issues facing scientists and engineers of the 21st century.
The main theme of Irago Conference 2018 is “Tomorrow’s World@2050”.
Internationally renowned experts will share their visions of the status of science, medicine, and technology in the not too distant future.
Core areas for this year
Topics covered by invited speakers at Irago conference 2018 include
- Remote sensing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Regenerative medicine
- Deep ocean exploration
- Nanomedicine in Europe
- Filming single proteins with AFM
- Current and Future trends in Internet of Things
- Herbal solutions for aging population
- Autonomous connected vehicles.
- Industrial applications of microbes
Abstracts are welcome in the areas listed below.
Observation, Measurement, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Advanced observation and measurement technologies
- Astronomical and solar system observation
- Material characterization
- Micro sensing systems
- Measurement systems for extreme environments
Medicine and Healthcare
- Biomimetic materials and protocols
- Molecular biology
- Healthcare and diagnostics
- Drug delivery and discovery
- Life threatening diseases
- Regenerative medicine
- Innovative Technology for health/welfare
- Music therapy, brain and mind healing
Energy and Environment
- Environment and pollution
- Natural energy (solar, wind, wave)
- Energy conservation
- Methane hydrate
- Agriculture and plant science
Frontiers of Advanced Science and Technology
- Electronic materials and devices
- CMOS and silicon devices
- Integrated circuits
- MEMS and NEMS
- Magnetic materials and related devices
- Man-Machine Interface
- Piezoelectric actuators
- Graphene synthesis and applications
President, University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo
President, Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan
President, Tokai University, Japan
Kazushi Nakano, Vice President, Executive Director, Research and International Strategy.
University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo
AIP Proceedings Editorial Committee
International Advisory Committee
Cristina Blanco Andujar
University of Strasbourg, France
Université Pierre and Marie Curie (UPMC), France
National University of Singapore, Singapore
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, India
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
University of Cambridge, UK
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
Middle East Technical University, Turkey
IMDEA Nanoscience, Madrid, Spain
The Royal Institution of Great Britain, UK
Eriko Aiba a
Tetsuo Kishimoto a
Rio Kita c
Yoshitaka Kitamoto e
Susumu Morikura a
Shinji Nozaki a
Adarsh Sandhu a
Kazuaki Sawada b
Michie Sekiguchi a
Masumi Taki a
Kazuyoshi Tsuchiya c
Renu Wadhwa f
Isamu Yoshimatsu a
Kenji Yura a
a University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo
b Toyohashi University of Technology
c Tokai University
e Tokyo Institute of Technology
f The National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
- Isamu Yoshimatsu, UEC Tokyo, University Research Administrator
- Ayano Igarashi, UEC Tokyo, International Affairs Office
Shinjuku Washington Hotel
3 Chome-2-9 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku,
Shinjuku Washington Hotel Website
Professor, Department of Information and Computer Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University
“Smart and connected community network creats new autonomous vehicle services with big-data science”
Keyword : Autonomous car, 5G network, Cyber/physical system, Connected community, Smart society
Section Manager, Postbiotics Research Center with Microorganisms, R & D Division, Nitto Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.
“Industrial application of a Gut Microbial Linoleic Acid Metabolite; 10-hydroxy-cis-12-octadecenoic acid (HYA)”
Keyword : Free fatty acid, Gut microbial metabolite, Functional food.
The registration fee for Irago Conference 2018 is:
Early-bird registration by 11 October 2018
After 11 October 2018
Registration fee for Special Evening Session and Banquet:
Please register from here: https://registration.irago2018.com/registration.cgi
Special Evening Session and Banquet Registration
The Evening Session of Irago Conference 2018 is being held in partnership with Springer Nature.
Registration for the evening session can be done along with the conference here:
Special Evening Session and Banquet will be held on Thursday, 1st November at 18:30.
If you have any questions, please contact:
The Irago Conference secretariat
Telephone : (+81) 42-443-6862
The University of Electro-Communications (UEC)
1-5-1 Chofugaoka Chofu, Tokyo Japan.
Submission of abstracts and Publication
Call for papers
Submission of Abstracts:
- Abstract and registration start date: 1st August, 2018
- Deadline for Abstract Submission:
31st August, 201811 September, 2018
- Submit abstracts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The abstracts will be reviewed and decisions sent to corresponding authors by mid-September 2018.
- Authors will be sent an abstract identity code by e-mail as shown in this example: “P1”
- Instructions for writing abstracts:
- Authors are requested to submit an abstract of no longer than 250 words within one A4 page including Figure/Table and References using the template file which is in MS-Word format.
- A single Figure/Table and related caption should be embedded into the abstract.
- A collection of accepted abstracts will be distributed to participants at the conference. Camera-ready, high quality manuscript figures are requested within a minimum of 300 dpi resolution.
- Coloured artwork will NOT be reflected in the printed version.
- The abstract file name format should be: <first-name_family-name of corresponding author.doc> (e.g., <taro_suzuki.doc>).
- Send abstracts in microsoft word format (DOC or DOCX) through email to email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to contact The Irago Conference secretariat by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about the conference.
Notice about oral and poster presentations
• All oral presentations will be given in the Auditorium at the University of the Electro-Communications.
• Windows PC installed with Microsoft Power point 2010 will be available for speakers without their own PCs. Speakers should bring USB memory sticks of their presentation files to the chairman’s desk in front of the conference hall before the start of their sessions.
• Speakers using their own PCs should inform the session chairman prior to the beginning of their talks.
• If you have multimedia contents (movies, sounds etc.), please inform the session chairman prior to your talks to check the equipment before starting.
• Posters should not exceed 870 mm (horizontal) by 1800 mm (vertical) to fit the poster boards, posters should be in A0 (841mm×1189mm) or A1 (594mm×841mm) sizes.
• Fix your posters to poster boards using double-sided tape available at the speaker’s desk.
• Posters should put up your posters before the start of the poster session.
• Posters are requested to be posted throughout the conference period (November 1st).
Papers submitted for publication in the proceedings of The Irago Conference 2018 will be refereed and those accepted will be published in the AIP Conference Proceedings of the American Institute of Physics (AIP). http://proceedings.aip.org/
Papers accepted for publication in the AIP Conference Proceedings will be open access publications enabling free access to researchers worldwide.
Features of AIP Conference Proceedings include:
- All proceedings are published as a separate volume of AIP Proceedings and each one is allocated a unique volume number.
- Individual articles are fully citable and each has a unique DOI (Digital Object Identifier).
- AIP makes all its proceedings volumes available for inclusion in key databases such as the Conference Proceedings Citation Index (part of Web of Science), Scopus and others.
Rapid reviewing process will be initiated to enable the acceptance of quality papers by Friday 14th December 2018 and the accepted papers will be published by the middle of February 2019.
Notes for Authors
- Submission deadline is scheduled to be Friday 23rd November 2018, 17:00 JST. Please refer to Guidelines for Authors for details on the submission of manuscripts.
- ZIP file packages of author guidelines of MS-Word and LaTeX (“Transfer of Copyright Agreement” is found in this package)
- “single column” format is a standard for the proceeding of The Irago Conference 2018. You will find both “single column” and “double column” templates in ZIP file packages of author guidelines. Please choose “single column” template.
- There is no limitation in the length of manuscripts.
- Manuscripts, prepared according to the guidelines, should be submitted directly to Irago Conference secretariat: Email：email@example.com Telephone : (+81) 42-443-6862 The University of Electro-Communications (UEC) 1-5-1 Chofugaoka Chofu, Tokyo Japan.
- Please submit the publication license agreement with your manuscript. The form for license can be found here.
Proceedings of the last conference (The Irago Conference 2017) is available from the AIP website (https://aip.scitation.org/toc/apc/1929/1?expanded=1929)